Ely Greenstone Public Art is a non-profit arts organization in the Ely, Minnesota area, whose goal is the enhancement of life through art and to recognize the rich heritage of the area.
The annual Ely Greenstone Public Art’s Holiday Fantasy Arts & Crafts Fair 2016 will be a two-day event. It will take place Friday, Nov. 25 from noon-4 p.m. and Sat., Nov. 26 from 10-2 p.m., prior to the Christmas Parade. Holiday Fantasy APP 2016
Sixth graders use their imaginations to create in clay
Ely Greenstone Public Art sponsored a 2016 art project for Ely’s sixth grade classes.
The group also donated materials to the stained glass windows in the new Ely Public Library, created by volunteers.
- Our latest project is creating and managing the Ely Art & Heritage Center in the historic Pioneer Mine buildings. We have held our Juried Art Show and Sale there since 2007 and are planning more events to come! Please view our schedule below.
- The Shaft House at 401 North Pioneer Road (across from Grand Ely Lodge) will be open every Tuesday ( 2-5) and Friday afternoon (3-6) from Memorial Day through Labor Day to share Ely’s rich mining history at the historic Pioneer Mine complex.
- June 13-15 – Children’s Art Camp at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Now filled up!
- Saturday, July 9 • 7-9 Annual ARTS GALA – Wine, music, food samples – $30 per person. No children please. Call 218-235-1721 to reserve your tickets.
- July 10-16 – Ely Greenstone Juried Art Show & Sale at at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Application has wrong Pick Up date. Should be Saturday, July 16, 3-4 PM. Artists: download an application here.
- July 20-23 – Ely Watercolor Club Show at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center
- August 13 all day Saturday, 10-4 – Holly Rom Watercolor and Collage Workshop.
- Friday, Nov. 25 • Noon-4 PM, Saturday, Nov. 26 • 10-2 PM – Holiday Fantasy Arts & Crafts Fair at Miners Dry House / Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Display your wares – (table provided) Space w/2 chairs • Display units extra. Holiday Fantasy APP 2016
- Let us know if you want to help out. Send in your thoughts!
ALSO, if you have been thinking about teaching a class, let us know when you are available and what you want to teach.
Membership and Fund Drive going on now! See our Facebook page for details.
Ongoing – Honoring Ely’s Mining History – Miners Memorial Sculpture has raised over $7,000 in donations so far. The Shaft House at 401 North Pioneer Road is open during the summer on Tuesdays from 2-5 and Fridays from 3-6 p.m. More information on the Miners Memorial and how you can donate here. Miners Memorial brochure
Greenstone has a membership category and a hard-working board. We treasure the continued support of the community!
BECOME A MEMBER and get $5 off any program!
Individual $25, Family $35, Contributing $100.
401 North Pioneer Road, Ely MN 55731 • 218-235-1721
If you are interested in teaching an art class or volunteering for any of our classes or events, please contact us.
Located in Ely, Minnesota, with the beauty of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) adjacent, Ely Greenstone Public Art (a 501 c3 non-profit) promotes an arts community with murals to view and original fine art for sale.