Ely Greenstone Public Art is a non-profit arts organization in the Ely, Minnesota area, whose goal is the enhancement of life through art and to recognize the rich heritage of the area.
Fabulous February Fun Arts and Crafts Show, Saturday, February 6 from 10-3 PM
Miners Dry House in historic Pioneer Mine complex, 105 Miners Lake Landing Road, off the Pioneer Road.
Ely Greenstone Public Art presents a special Valentine show at the historic Pioneer Mine’s Miners Dry House. Shop for those special creations of Ely area artists and artisans and let the kids (or grown-ups) make their very own Valentines at no charge.
The whole event is free to visit and all the supplies for Valentine-making will be on hand. This fun event is Saturday, February 6 from 10-3 PM.
Applicants sought for volunteer interview training
Applications are being accepted by Ely Greenstone Public Art for persons interested in volunteering to learn interview techniques for historical mining articles.
In accordance with a Minnesota Historical Society grant to Ely Greenstone, a professional interviewer will hold training for 2-3 individuals in January or February in Ely for one day. Part of the training will include listening to an actual interview taking place.
Please send a letter of application to Ely Greenstone, 401 North Pioneer Road, Ely MN 55731. If you have questions, please call Anne Swenson, 218-235-1721.
- At its December meeting, board members learned of a number of various donations to the group which manages the Ely Arts & Heritage Center at Pioneer Mine for owner City of Ely. Comments were reviewed from vendors at the recent Holiday Fantasy which had over 600 visitors during the six hour show.
- Greenstone volunteers will work with sixth grade students in an Ely classroom, teaching the fundamentals of Pinch Pots from clay after the first of the year. Ely Greenstone memberships are available and donations are always welcomed.
- Our latest project is creating and managing the Ely Art & Heritage Center in the historic Pioneer Mine buildings. We have held our Juried Art Show and Sale there since 2007 and are planning more events to come! Please view our schedule below.
- The Shaft House at 401 North Pioneer Road (across from Grand Ely Lodge) will be open every Tuesday ( 2-5) and Friday afternoon (3-6) from Memorial Day through Labor Day to share Ely’s rich mining history at the historic Pioneer Mine complex.
- June 13-15 – Children’s Art Camp at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center.
- Saturday, July 9 • 7-9 Annual ARTS GALA – Wine, music, food samples – $30 per person. No children please. Call 218-235-1721 to reserve your tickets.
- July 10-18 – Ely Greenstone Juried Art Show & Sale at at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Artists: download an application here.
- July 20-23 – Ely Watercolor Club Show at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center
- August TBA Friday evening and all day Saturday – Holly Rom Watercolor Workshop. Download application here.
- Saturday, October 8 • 10-3 PM – Fall Fun Fair – Old Fashioned Family Fun Fair at the Miners Dry House / Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Display your wares $20 per table (provided) Space w/2 chairs. Display units extra. Download application here.
- Saturday, Nov. 26 • 10-4 PM – Holiday Fantasy Arts & Crafts Fair at Miners Dry House / Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Display your wares – (table provided) Space w/2 chairs • Display units extra. Download application here.
ALSO, if you have been thinking about teaching a class, let us know when you are available and what you want to teach.
Membership and Fund Drive going on now! See our Facebook page for details.
Ongoing – Honoring Ely’s Mining History – Miners Memorial Sculpture has raised over $7,000 in donations so far. The Shaft House at 401 North Pioneer Road is open during the summer on Tuesdays from 2-5 and Fridays from 3-6 p.m. More information on the Miners Memorial and how you can donate here. Miners Memorial brochure
Greenstone has a membership category and a hard-working board. We treasure the continued support of the community!
BECOME A MEMBER and get $5 off any program!
Individual $25, Family $35, Contributing $100.
401 North Pioneer Road, Ely MN 55731 • 218-235-1721
If you are interested in teaching an art class or volunteering for any of our classes or events, please contact us.
Located in Ely, Minnesota, with the beauty of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) adjacent, Ely Greenstone Public Art (a 501 c3 non-profit) promotes an arts community with murals to view and original fine art for sale.