Ely Greenstone Public Art is a non-profit arts organization in the Ely, Minnesota area, whose goal is the enhancement of life through art and to recognize the rich heritage of the area.
Ely Greenstone offers art classes to children and adults, holds juried art exhibits and beautifies Ely’s public areas with murals and sculpture.
Our latest project is creating and managing the Ely Art & Heritage Center in the historic Pioneer Mine buildings. We have held our Juried Art Show and Sale there since 2007 and are planning more events to come! Please view our schedule below.
- The Shaft House at 401 North Pioneer Road (across from Grand Ely Lodge) will be open every Tuesday ( 2-5) and Friday afternoon (3-6) from Memorial Day through Labor Day to share Ely’s rich mining history at the historic Pioneer Mine complex.
- June 6, Saturday – Author, Author! Meet the authors of regional books, at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Are you an author? Click here for the Author Entry form.
- June 15-17 – Children’s Art Camp at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Download a camp application here.
- ARTS GALA is Saturday, July 11, 7-9 Wine, music, food samples – $30 per person. No children please. Call 218-235-1721 to reserve your tickets or download an invitation here.
- July 11-19 – Ely Greenstone Juried Art Show & Sale at at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Artists: download an application here.
- July 22-25 – Ely Watercolor Club Show at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center
- August 14-15, Friday evening and all day Saturday – Holly Rom Watercolor Workshop. Download application here.
ALSO, if you have been thinking about teaching a class, let us know when you are available and what you want to teach.
Membership and Fund Drive going on now!
See our Facebook page for details.
Ongoing – Honoring Ely’s Mining History – Miners Memorial Sculpture has raised over $7,000 in donations so far. The Shaft House at 401 North Pioneer Road is open during the summer on Tuesdays from 2-5 and Fridays from 3-6 p.m. More information on the Miners Memorial and how you can donate here. Miners Memorial brochure
Greenstone has a membership category and a hard-working board. We treasure the continued support of the community!
BECOME A MEMBER and get $5 off any program!
Individual $25, Family $35, Contributing $100.
401 North Pioneer Road, Ely MN 55731 • 218-235-1721
If you are interested in teaching an art class or volunteering for any of our classes or events, please contact us.
Located in Ely, Minnesota, with the beauty of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) adjacent, Ely Greenstone Public Art (a 501 c3 non-profit) promotes an arts community with murals to view and original fine art for sale.