Holiday weekend welcomes kickoff for Greenstone’s Juried Art Show & Sale
Sat., July 5 is annual Greenstone GalaWelcome to Ely Greenstone Public Art
Cap off the nation’s celebration on Saturday, July 5 with Ely Greenstone’s annual Gala. You’ll find more art and more opportunities to collect fabulous artworks created in the area. That’s what’s happening next Saturday as the annual Ely Greenstone Juried Art Show & Sale gets underway for an evening of fine food and wine tastings, with other beverages available. Music by Accidental Ensemble.
The $30 per adult entry fee includes all this and helps to support the work of Ely Greenstone Public Art which manages the 100+ old Miners Dry facility at Pioneer Mine for the City of Ely.
Known as the premier art event in the area, tickets for the adult event are now on sale at the Ely Echo, 15 East Chapman Street or may be reserved by calling 218-235-1721. Tickets may also be purchased at the door that evening.
Following the Gala Preview evening, the show is open to the public free from 1-4 p.m. daily, July 6 through July 13.
One highlight of the nine day Greenstone Art Show & Sale are the awards given. The Judge’s Choice, Best of Show and People’s Choice awards each carry a $150 prize for the artist. And everybody, young and old, get to vote daily for the People’s Choice award which is named at the end of the show.
Judges this year included board members of the Ely Public Library who have chosen 11 artworks for which there will be a discount given if chosen to be donated to the Ely Public Library on the donor’s behalf.
A few volunteers are still needed to help with the event that evening and also during the following afternoons which are open free to the public. Contact Sue at 319-610-3812 to help.
The Miners Dry House is located at 105 Miners Lake Landing Road, off North Pioneer Road, in the Pioneer Mine Complex which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Ely Greenstone offers art classes to children and adults, holds juried art exhibits and beautifies Ely’s public areas with murals and sculpture.
Our latest project is creating and managing the Ely Art & Heritage Center in the historic Pioneer Mine buildings. We have held our Juried Art Show and Sale there since 2007 and are planning more events to come! Please view our schedule below.
- The Shaft House at 401 North Pioneer Road (across from Grand Ely Lodge) will be open every Tuesday and Friday afternoon from Memorial Day through Labor Day to share Ely’s rich mining history at the historic Pioneer Mine complex.
- May 17, Saturday – Ely Greenstone Art & Flea Market, 9-4 PM at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Click here to download application for display table.
- June 8, Sunday – Author, Author! Meet the authors of regional books, 1-4 PM at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Are you an author? Click here for the Author Entry form.
- June 16-18 – Children’s Art Camp at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center
- June 21, Saturday – Christmas in June Arts & Crafts Show on Summer Solstice, 9-4 PM at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Click here to download application for display table.
- July 5-13 – Ely Greenstone Juried Art Show & Sale at at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Click here for details and artist application.
- July 17-19 - Ely Watercolor Club Show at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center
- July 26, Saturday – Ely Area Artists Fine Arts Fair! Food too! Sponsored by Ely Greenstone, Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Are you an artist or a food vendor? Click here to download an application for a display booth.
- August 2, Saturday – Donald G Gardner Humanities Trust Celebrates 25 Years at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center
- August 8-9 – Ely Greenstone’s Watercolor Class with Holly Rom. Download application.
- August 16, Saturday – CAPTURED by Ely Lenses photography show. 9-4, at Miners Dry House in Ely Arts & Heritage Center. Are you a photographer? Click here to download an application to display your photos.
- August 22-23 – Ely Greenstone’s Stone Carving Class with Mike Sinesio. Download application.
- September 13, Saturday -Ely Greenstone Adult Day Camp
- September 19-20 – Ely Greenstone’s Acrylics Class with Andy Messerschmidt. Download application.
ALSO, if you have been thinking about teaching a class, let us know when you are available and what you want to teach. If accepted, we pay $50 for an evening class and $200 for an evening plus one day class.
Membership and Fund Drive going on now!
See our Facebook page for details.
Ongoing – Honoring Ely’s Mining History – Miners Memorial Sculpture has raised over $7,000 in donations so far. The Shaft House at 401 North Pioneer Road is open during the summer on Tuesdays from 2-5 and Fridays from 3-6 p.m. More information on the Miners Memorial and how you can donate here. Miners Memorial brochure
Greenstone now has a membership category and a hard-working board. We treasure the continued support of the community!
BECOME A MEMBER and get $5 off any program!
Individual $25, Family $35, Contributing $100.
401 North Pioneer Road, Ely MN 55731 • 218-235-1721
If you are interested in teaching an art class or volunteering for any of our classes or events, please contact us.
Located in Ely, Minnesota, with the beauty of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) adjacent, Ely Greenstone Public Art (a 501 c3 non-profit) promotes an arts community with murals to view and original fine art for sale.
Explore our site by reading about our Art Projects and Classes and our Featured Artists. Are you an artist who may be interested in being listed on our website? Click here.
If you’d like to receive our email arts news, Contact Us and let us know.